Majoring in Computer Science?
Enter to win a trip to the world’s largest gathering of women in computing: the Grace Hopper Celebration.
Women in Computing Award
Apply for the Windows Insider Women in Computing Award. You could join us at the Grace Hopper Celebration and Microsoft Headquarters for a week of career mentoring, networking, and inspiring discussion.
We’ll cover registration, airfare, lodging, and meals for up to ten winners. Your trip to the Grace Hopper Celebration in Houston, Texas, will be followed by a post-event program at Microsoft Headquarters in Redmond, Washington.
Registered Windows Insiders can apply for the Windows Insider Women in Computing Award.
- To be eligible for the award, join the Windows Insider Program.
- The award is open to all women currently in the process of completing a university computer science or related degree program. Entrants must be currently enrolled in an accredited degree-granting institution to qualify for the award (first year college students through post-doc students are eligible).
- Students who have accepted employment offers (2018-2019) at Microsoft are ineligible.
- International students arriving from outside of the U.S. will be responsible for securing their own travel visas.
- Award recipients MUST be available to attend both conference activities in Houston, TX between Wednesday, September 26th and Friday, September 28th and post-conference activities in Redmond, WA, dates to be determined.
Submit a short video and brief written statement about your journey pursuing computer science and your vision for the future.
Your application will be judged on:
- Fit to Contest Theme: We’re looking for compelling stories from high-achieving women who are passionate about computing and their goals.
- Quality of Submission: We’ll be considering your ability to communicate effectively, including your potential for engaging with senior leaders within Microsoft, as well as members of the media.
- Creativity: We want to see your spark! The originality of the submission will also be considered.