How to get started with Windows 10 Insider Preview builds.
The first step to installing Windows 10 Insider Preview build is to register as a Windows Insider. (Already registered? Proceed to Step 2.)
Use the same account that you use for other Microsoft services, such as Hotmail. If you don't have a Microsoft account, it is easy to get one. Get a Microsoft account.
You can also register with your work account to get the additional benefits of the Windows Insider Programme for Business.
- On your Windows 10 PC, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Programme. To see this setting, you need to have administrator rights to your PC.1
- Click Get Started and link the account that you used to register as a Windows Insider.
- Select which kind of preview builds you want and follow the prompts to complete setup.
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click Check for updates to download the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview build based on your Insider settings and complete installation.
- For Insider settings, the default selection is for builds in the Slow ring. You may read more about the various ring definitions and criteria here.
- If you install a Windows 10 Insider Preview Build (20H1) in the Fast ring and you want to switch to an Insider Preview Build (19H1) in the Slow or Release Preview rings, you will need to do a clean install of Windows on your PC and reset your Insider settings.
Once you’ve had a chance to explore an Insider Preview build, use the Feedback Hub app to let us know what you think — and help make Windows even better for you and the world. Feedback you provide in the Feedback Hub goes directly to our engineers. The hub also features Insider news, quests, community, and other resources. Find out more about the Hub and how to provide great feedback.
- Windows Insider Preview may be substantially modified before it’s commercially released. Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information provided here. Some product features and functionality may require additional hardware or software.