How to get started with Windows 10 Insider Preview builds.
The first step to installing Windows 10 Insider Preview build is to register as a Windows Insider. (Already registered? Proceed to Step 2.)
Use the same account that you use for other Microsoft services, such as Hotmail. If you don't have a Microsoft account, it is easy to get one. Get a Microsoft account.
You can also register with your work account to get the additional benefits of the Windows Insider Programme for Business.
- Open Windows Insider settings (on your Windows 10 PC go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Programme). To see this setting, you need to have administrator rights to your PC.1
- Click Get Started and link the account that you used to register as a Windows Insider.
- Follow the simple prompts to complete setup.
- The default ring selection is Slow. Please verify which ring you'd like to select. You may read more about the various ring definitions and criteria here.
- If you are in the Fast ring and your PC gets updated to 20H1 and you want to switch to the Slow or Release Preview rings, you will need to do a clean install of Windows on your PC and reset your Windows Insider Program settings.
- Go to Settings > Update & Security and click Check for updates to complete installation.
Need help? Check our User Guide.
Once you've had a chance to explore an Insider Preview build, use the Feedback Hub app to let us know what you think, and help make Windows even better for you and the world. Feedback that you provide in the Feedback Hub goes directly to our engineers. The hub also features Insider news, quests, community and other resources. Find
- Windows Insider Preview may be substantially modified before it’s commercially released. Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information provided here. Some product features and functionality may require additional hardware or software.